A place to share books, music, techniques, and all things related to bilingual storytime!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bilingual Storytime: ¡La Piñata!

This week I humbly offer another Flannel Friday bonus, mostly because after this week it may be a while before I am able to share anything again!


A while back I shared ideas for a Fiesta Bilingual Storytime.  In that post I describe how we created our own flannelboard piñata after we read the bilingual book Piñata! by Rebecca Emberley, but I did not put up a picture or pattern at that time.  Here they are!  The "piñata" itself is too large to scan, so the pattern is just of the dulces and juguetes that we put inside the piñata.  To make the piñata, I simply cut out one very large felt circle and attached to it four long skinny felt triangles of different colors with paper streamers on the ends.    My idea was to have the flannel piñata resemble a star-style piñata.  This is a really simple and interactive technique for reinforcing the vocabulary of the specific objects in both English and Spanish, engaging mixed-age audiences in a family storytime setting (older children often help the younger children add objects to the piñata), and to bring the piñata to life with our imaginations.  I hope you have fun with it!

 


No comments: